Hello and welcome to our website!
Our hotel "Zur Post" is conveniently located in the centre of Ruhpolding in tranquil surroundings that are ideal for people of all ages. The original building, which was built back in 1308, first served as a mail staging post before being nominated as a tavern in 1424. Various extensions and alternations have been made over time, the latest being the modernisation of the rooms and reception in 2012 followed by the ground floor, restaurant and bar in 2015. The hotel now has a modern feel whilst retaining its extensive heritage and we, the Rechl family together with our employees, have made it our first priority that our guests feel comfortable in every aspect of their time with us!
We are looking forward to welcoming you!
Below is a brief overview of our hotel:
- 6 single rooms "standard"
- 2 single rooms "comfort"
- 21 double rooms "standard"
- 5 double rooms "comfort"
- 2 double rooms "premium"
- 4 junior suites
- 5 family suites
- 1 panorama suite "Über den Wolken" - "Above the clouds" including own infrared sauna & whirlpool
- 18 holiday apartments in the adjacent "Posthof"
- Event hall "Postsaal" for up to 150 (seated) people
- Historic lounge "Poststube" for up to 50 people
- 'Hunters' lounge "Jägerstüberl" for up to 25 people, ideal for meetings and smaller festivities
- Bar & lounge area for up to 40 people to relax and socialise with direct access to a terrace garden
- Cosy wine snuggery "Weinstüberl" for up to 10 people for a smaller get-together
- Traditional lounge "Trachtenstube" for up to 60 people for all sorts of festivities and meetings.
- Cellar lounge "Postkeller" with 90 seats or a party for up to 150 guests, rented in direct connection with our own party service (with or without service)
- Outdoor sitting area "Freisitz" in the hotel garden for festivities for up to 40 people with BBQ facilities
- "Panoramic terrace" on the 1st floor with fantastic views to the local mountains and the village, holding around 30 people
- Artistic Japanese garden with meditation area, fire place, peaceful grassy area, terrace and pond with waterfall
- Spa area "Reich der Sinne" with indoor pool, loungers with mountain view, multiple sauna area (Finnish old timber, Japanese mineral stone bath and aroma steam bath) as well as shower area with ice fountain, quiet area with wellness loungers, solarium.
- 3 spa treatment rooms for face and body
- Rent-a-bike service (mountain & trekking bikes)